Starting from scratch, in order to select the best online merchant account for your needs, you need to get the grips with the basics.
Questions such as "What is a third party merchant account?", "What is a chargeback?" and "How do I work the most cost effective online merchant account for my website?" can be difficult to answer at first.
The purpose of this area of the site is therefore to introduce you to the basic details you should understand when looking for a suitable online merchant account.
Also, don’t forget to check out our discussion forum for plenty more questions and answers, as posted by our site visitors.
- The complete beginners guide to accepting credit cards online
- An introduction to accepting payments on the Internet
- Explaining the jargon associated with merchant accounts
- Pay attention – the difference between merchant accounts and payment gateways
- So what’s a merchant account license, do I need one and if so how do I get one?